Click on any figure to see it enlarged.
1. Outside view of the copperworks.
2. Furnace operation on a windless day.
3. The furnace loaded in preparation for blowing in.
4. Blowing-in begins.
5. Slag flowing out at the side of the furnace. Closed taphole in front.
6. Observing furnace operation through the blast hole.
7. Breaking open the taphole.
8. Copper flowing out of the taphole. In this photograph can be seen on the right the flame which continually shot out of the slag-hole.
9. Casting bars in iron moulds.
10. Casting bars in iron moulds. Some of the slag comes out in a large clump.